miércoles, 3 de agosto de 2011

shortest one yet

So yesterday my blog was super long, so how is it possible that I forgot something? Well guess what. I did. On my walk home at five am, exhausted, I realized how lovely it was to be awake so early. It was the perfect temperature and so calm, with a surprising number of people out and about compared to the US, but not too many. It was light out, and I just had a lovely walk. A woman whom I didn’t even know stopped me to ask if I had been to Cartago, and we had a nice little conversation. There was a band playing in the back of a pick-up truck (presumably to celebrate The Day of the Virgin) as it rode down the street. I smiled at them, and they smiled right on back, playing their instruments and feelin’ the breeze. I did encounter a dog on the street that had the saddest eyes I’ve ever seen. Now usually I feel like it’s weird to say that, because sometimes you really can’t tell anything from someone’s eyes, but oh man, with these you could, and it made me want to cry.
Today Rachel, Anna and I again waited outside our ecology class, and again the professor didn’t show. Some guy sitting outside the room said he got an e-mail that the class had changed days and that he had gotten an e-mail. How lovely of them not to send it to us. Now I have to change my schedule and wait for a response from my AU advisor to see which courses I can get credit for and let my advisor here know by Friday (the end of the add/drop period) and then go into the class two weeks late…but what’s done is done and it wasn’t my fault and now I have the morning off today and Rachel told me today that my Spanish has already gotten much better!!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario