sábado, 30 de julio de 2011

the name no spanish speaking individual will ever understand when i try to say it...

So today some of us woke up SUPER early to head to Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo which is a short bus ride from San Jose which is a short bus ride from Heredia. And we figured out the buses and everything! (With kind of a lot of advice from Tracy beforehand…) Anyway, it was a really small park but it was really beautiful and we hiked a bit and saw these crazy looking spiders and WILD MONKEYS in the trees! Super rad. We also only had to pay $2 because we’re students at UNA and the buses were really cheap too! And I ate my granola and margarine sandwich for lunch along with some fruit and a piece of homemade cake. You’ll all be happy to know that I bought myself a jar of peanut butter (DUDE OVER FIVE BUCKS for Jiff cause they barely eat it here) for future occasions such as this upon returning to Heredia. When I got back my padres and uncle and cousins here were in the kitchen just chilling and talking and laughing. I joined them for like two hours just eating fruit and another piece of a different homemade dessert and talking. It was seriously so much fun! My tio is hilarious and speaks really good English because he spent six months in Minneapolis, MN in high school so he helped me when I couldn’t think of Spanish words. And it’s getting so much easier to understand things (most of the time). And we talked about movies and Will Smith and food and working out and we laughed a lot and I explained to them details of how to play ultimate Frisbee IN SPANISH AND THEY UNDERSTOOD and got him really wanting to play. Then since it was raining and I needed to work out again (I know, I’m insane) I did spinning on their spinning bike for 45 minutes. It was great and I got rull sweaty which is my favorite. And I’m super tired and was gonna go out dancing tonight but now think we’re just gonna see a movie which is better because I didn’t get much sleep last night from talking to Marco for like an hour and a half when he got home. And for part of it he was talking in Spanish, English, Portuguese, and a bit of Italian cause he had had Portuguese class today and probably just because he wanted to confuse me. We joke around with each other a lot and get along really well. And during our conversation he noticed how I take pleasure in other people’s misfortunes and that I always need to be right…even when I know I’m wrong…I thought I was better about that, but maybe not…maybe now I’m still like that but it’s a little more lighthearted. Anyway, tangent as usual. Tomorrow I’m going to what I understood as a castle that’s like a country club with mucha naturaleza and places to play sports and stuff with my family and uncle and his family (I think his wife is this really cool woman I got along with SUPER well when I met her last week, they remind me of each other…that is if I’m thinking of the right person). Anyway, check out the fb pics. Peacee.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario